Learn new skills in a way that’s fun, easy, free, and fast! Drop by the How-To in 10 Festival at the Bowmanville Branch on Saturday, April 29th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.!
Local organizations will host booths set up around the Library, each teaching you an amazing new skill in 10 minutes or less!
You could learn how to:
- Be an active older adult with the Bowmanville Older Adult Association
- Develop your communication and leadership skills with Bowmanville Toastmasters
- Discover your blood type with Canadian Blood Services
- Play Euchre with Clarington 55+
- Do a home fire safety check with Clarington Emergency & Fire Services
- Stay fit at your desk with Clarington Fitness
- Preserve your family heirlooms with Clarington Museums and Archives
- Travel to places far and fictional with green screen photography with Clarington Public Library
- Create a healthy routine with Durham Region Health Department
- Move and play every day with Durham Region Health Department
- Network when looking for employment with Durham Region Unemployment Help Centre, Pickering Welcome Center
- Relax with Tai Chi with Fung Loy Kok Taoist Tai Chi
- Lead a campfire with Girl Guides, Trefoil Guild
- Excel at golf with the Golf Association of Ontario
- Learn a new instrument and read music with Lakeshore New Horizons
- Enhance your walk with Nordic Pole Walking Canada
- Make the perfect pastry with PC Cooking School, Loblaws
- Tie knots with Scouts Canada
- Identify native wildlife with Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue
- Assist someone who's choking with St. John Ambulance
- Improve your home energy efficiency with Veridian Connections
- Help your child fall asleep with Wee Sleep
- Craft the perfect bow with the Willow Branch
- And more!
To see all participating Durham Region libraries and for more information on how to sign up if you have a skill to share, visit www.howtoin10.com!